Monday, October 6, 2008

My LiTtLe PrInCeSs


Sometimes I look at Sophie and I can't believe she is so "grown up" It seems like they turn eight and they are no longer "little" looking! She is such a sweet girl, so willing to help and so eager to do the right thing. She is really struggling with third grade and it makes me so sad! She has always had the nicest teachers and this is NOT the case this year. She is really having to learn to deal with new situations. It is so painful as a mom to watch her suffer through. She knows that she can do it though.

During Conference this weekend ( which was great!! ) One of the speakers talked about a plate she had with the inscription " I can do hard things" It really hit me. We all have to do hard things, each and every day. It is what we are required to do. I hope that I can ease the blow of these hard things for my children. Isn't that what every parent wants?

1 comment:

The Gentry Family said...

So true! And Sophie really is a princess!! :)