Thursday, January 8, 2009

ChIcKen NooDle SouP fOr ThE BoDy aNd SoUl

My cute sis- in- law asked me for this and I thought perhaps someone else may want to try it.

This is my mother- in-law's recipe and it is tasty!

5 or 6 chicken breasts
9 carrots
8 celery
1 onion
2 or 3 T. dry chicken broth
1 1/2 t. salt

combine in an 8 quart or larger pan filled with water. Cook about three hrs.- remove chicken and cut into small pieces and put back into pan.

Mix together in blender:

1/4 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
1 c. milk

Add mixture to soup 1/2 hour before serving.
Add 12 oz. egg noodles the last 20 minutes.

I am telling you that this noodle soup will beat most you have had before!

YUM-O

I like to serve it in bread bowls!

2 comments:

katie and co. said...

yummy. can't wait to try it.

The Luke Family said...

It really is good! ; )