Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I aM sO gLad We DiD!!





I, along with everyone else witnessed a really great chapter in history this morning. I am so proud of our Country and for our first African/ American President. I like saying " President Obama" I think it sounds really good. I am glad that I kept my eight year old home from school to watch it with us, even if her teacher was rude to me when I took her later in the day. I am glad that my kids will grow up remembering this as " normal" I am proud to be an American. As one of my friends who works for the UN said today.... " I am so proud to be American, it hurts."

God Bless America!! And God bless all of us.

2 comments:

Teisha said...

Karen I found your blog from Amanda's. I love that you kept her home! Addy's entire school watched it together. I'm with you on this! So proud I feel like I might burst!
Aidan is so funny he asked me who were all the white people everyone keeps talking about, and I said well people that look like us. He was shocked and said I think we are more like a light brown. I love that our children really don't know the difference. Such an amazing day!
Fun to see you and your beautiful kids!
Teisha

The Luke Family said...

Thanks Teisha!

So great to hear from you!!!
I hope that you are enjoying the sun. We miss seeing you guys!

That's so cute about Aidan. He is right! ; )
Take care and thanks for writing!!