Friday, July 25, 2008

24th of July









These photos give no clue to the adventure we had last night! We had a great time at a BBQ and swim party with friends and some family. Charlie is quickly learning to "swim" while using his waterwings. He did not want to get into the pool last night because he has a cut on his big toe from swimming and jumping into the pool. Over the coarse of the evening he warmed up to the idea and decided to get in. He was just sitting on the steps and playing with his cousin Max. I was right there watching him the entire time...... BUT...... he started following Max into the pool and I did not realize his water wings were not on. All of a sudden I watched him start to sink down into the water with his eyes wide open and I froze!! I screamed to another adult in the pool to grab him, but he was stunned too. The next thing I knew Charlie Sr. jumped in with his clothes on and got him!! I was weak in the knees and quite shaken up. Little Charlie was only upset that water got in his eyes! He immediately wanted to get back into the pool.

We made sure to put the wings on and he and Daddy had a great swim together. It was a very scary moment and made me realize once again just how fragile life is. It all happened so quickly and I was right there. I am so thankful that it all turned out alright and as you can see from this photo, he was no worse for the wear.

No comments: