Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Bucket List

I recently watched the movie The Bucket List. I loved it! It was great and really got me thinking. This can be hard to do at times for me. It made me think of my life. I have been pretty lucky and have had some really extaordinary experiences. I have been to Europe twice, lived in Boston for four years, lived in Korea, traveled all over the US, been to lots of plays, restaurants, shops, concerts, met lots of famous people, met two US Presidents and the Nobel Peace Prize winner, had great friends and family etc. etc. etc......

This is not a brag fest, it is leading somewhere. ( I hate bragging) It made me think of a stiching that used to hang in my mom's room. It went like this:

" Cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow, so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep..... I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

Which all leads to MY Bucket List.


1) Spend MORE quality time w/ my kids.

2) Laugh til we cry

3) Appreciate my husband more

4) Make MORE family meals and have parents over now and then.

5) Be sure to PRAY daily

6) STOP ( or try) to stop swearing

7) Teach my children to be GOOD people

8) Remember where I came from and the people who made it happen

9) LEARN to cook Armenian food to honor my grandparents

10) SIT on the floor and play trucks more often

11) TALK to Sophie every day and really TALK about her life.

12) Live without regrets

13) LEARN that clutter is OK

14) NEVER say I wish I had done more for the people I love when it is too late
( again. )

4 comments:

anderson strong and growing said...

Thanks Karyn. That is an awesome post. Makes you stop and think. My favorite is to live with no regrets. Thanks!

The Luke Family said...

Sarah,

I can tell that you are an incredible mom!
You inspire me!!!

The Gentry Family said...

Awesome! I should just copy that list for me. Love you!

The Luke Family said...

Love you too!!

You need to do your blog. i miss it!!!!!